And R didn't want me telling people about her grades and things, but I don't know why. She only did 2 GCSEs, and the college were going to accept her if she passed them, so maybe she just wasn't worried about it. Or maybe she thinks she should have more. Or maybe I just embarrass her by being proud.
An A in Maths and a B in English. Pretty damn good. Especially considering that the Maths was done in about 6 weeks. Before that, R had too many other things to do, with Radio, and RNCM productions, and babysitting, and taking photographs, and sleeping. :-)
This is where it is hard for me. I don't rate the exam system at all. You should not be able to get a Maths GCSE, having not done formal Maths before, in only 6 weeks. But she worked for several hours a day for those few weeks, and she can feel proud. Nobody can ever take that away from her. :-)
So now I am only home educating 2 children.
1 comment:
You better watch out what A might learn on her own then ... it could all get very out of control:-)
much love and well done to R
martine
Post a Comment