
I am in a bit of a sock phase at the moment so I thought I would post a few photos of recent pairs. Above is a pair of nice thick socks which I did for my husband. They are made with Violet Green SuperSock Hand-Dyed purple 4ply purchased from www.violetgreen.co.uk
I ws experimenting a bit with using two strands of 4 ply and knitting with 4 mm dpns. They came out rather well. I had done a similar pair in a Trekking yarn for myself, but I did that pair with a short rowed heel which didn't work so well. So for these I did a traditional turned heel, and used a free pattern from the Violet Green website. I just followed the sizes for a child and did it bigger.

This pair are mine. They are made with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn which I am getting sent to me from the Sock Club at Getknitted.com. It is lovely stuff. I used another pattern from Violet Green for these- the waving not drowning sock pattern. But I did them on 3mm dpns because I wanted to see what would happen to the pattern and also because I have big feet. :-) I don't think I would do it again. They are fine, but just a bit loose, and not as comfy as they could be. I just wanted to play around with the pattern after making the ones below.

This is the fist pair of Waving not Drowning ones that I did for my daughter M. They are in a beautiful hand-dyed yarn from South America I think - I can't remember, but I did buy it at Sew In in Marple. Their website is here www.knitting-and-needlework.co.uk I love Sew In but I usually go to the one in Didsbury.
That is all for now. I've just reminded myself that I do finish things sometimes, so better get back to it.
Peace
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment