I have changed the name of this blog from Witty knitting to I want to crochet a perfect world. Let's face it witty knitting was a crap name. And I have spent the last week getting back to my roots in world of crochet hooks and beautiful things.
I suppose it was the kids getting into crochet that has reminded me where my heart lies. I do enjoy knitting. I consider myself a knitter. I like the beautiful things one can make when knitting. But underneath it all, I am a crochet person.
I learned to crochet when I was 8 or so. My mother attended a community class to learn to crochet and she took me with her. I remember liking it, thinking I was pretty cool to be going to this thing with grown-ups, and I liked making things. And yes, I was very proud of those pot holders and hangers that I made as a child in the mid 70s. :-)
I have just made some leg warmers for myself with my sock club yarn for October. (more on legwarmers to come) It is Irish Jig coloured shepherd sock wool from Lorna's Laces. Actually they aren't quite finished. I have finished the crocheting, and have even worn them a bit, but I am going to order a solid colour to knit cuffs. I plan to get around to that at some point in the future. Like everything else in life. :-)
Peace
julie
No comments:
Post a Comment