I am doing lots of squares as I have joined a block a month crochet along on Ravelry. I don't have a single project in mind for this though. I wish I had the money to buy some yarn to actually do something with my squares, but I will just try them out for now, and maybe do an actual project in the future with my favourites.
I am doing one of the CALs with Ravelry's Shoulder Wrappers Group. I was on the verge of giving up, as there were too many CALs to choose from, and then I had to find appropriate yarn in my stash. I was looking through my stash and found some packs that I want to use for Shawls later in the year, so it was a bit productive, but I didn't find anything I really wanted to do the Frosty Night Cowl CAL with.
And then I found it! The undyed yarn that Martine got for us a few years ago. We have done a couple of batches, but there was still some left! So I got it out, and managed to dye it and have it hanging to dry before the allotment society AGM on Saturday! I had wanted more orange than yellow, but what I got was more yellow than orange.
It is cheering me up though and I shall start crocheting today!
The Babe is happy as well because she has yet another hat. Ok, so she doesn't like to wear hats often but I still keep making them, and this one she actually puts on her head herself and runs around the house going Toowhit Toowhoo!!
Just as an aside, that cardigan she is wearing was knitted for me when I was her age. So it is about 42 years old and still going. I think it is acrylic, because I just chuck it in the washing machine, but it still looks good, if a bit furry now and then. I hope some of my things will be around in 40 years!
I am working on some craft fair things in crochet as well. Here is the beginnings of a poncho...
And the beginnings of a cowl that I am making for myself in the lovely stuff Martine made for me...(It looks better in real life.) I had tried to do some shell patterned cowls from the Lion Brand website, but in the end they just didn't look right. This is a version of crocheted moss stitch which is making a fine texture and showing of the hand dyed yarn much better. :-)
So here I am at my last craft fair as well. It was the first time I was outside, and it was a bit of a cold day to be outside. Of course, when you are outside there is a lot more foot traffic, but this day was dire. 7 hours sitting in the cold, and I sold one hat, which paid for the stall. It was rather depressing. This is me at the beginning, naiveley smiling away. My display is a bit cluttered because I had left some of my acoutrements at home.
These are some of my children's hats. The weather is changing now so I will try to get some more spring and summer things ready.
In further honour of National Crochet Month, some things that make me happy are here and here. I have ordered some of this yarn so I can attempt to emulate those lovely and talented crocheters. (This is where I find out if my husband reads my blog as I am not supposed to be spending money on yarn!) I want colour and cheer in my life right now and I can't wait to crochet with these colours! I will probably make a couple of baby blankets to sell at the craft fair I have booked at the end of March (after which I think I will give up.)
Another happy thing is that we have an allotment, which means that I will be digging and planting and weeding and watering, while still trying to crochet and knit every minute that I get left alone to do so. (Not so many of those these days.) I am planning an asparagus bed and a strawberry bed and some other fruiting bushes, so not ambitious at all. :-)
And a very sad thing as well. This was my new teapot.
I got it from Oxfam for £4.99 and I loved it. For about a week. As you can see, it got its handle smashed, and we can't really glue it, because the handle is hollow and the glue would be exposed to the boiling water and brewing tea. It was one of the few things I was excited about buying myself, and it is just sitting around reminding me why I don't buy myself nice things. :-(
So I will have to get back to making nice things. Happy Crochet Month everybody!








No comments:
Post a Comment