Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Felting and dying

Well the felted bag experiment went a bit awry. The navy yarns have felted, but the lilac coloured one didn't. It has had only one wash, so I will try again soon, and see if there is any improvement. I do still like it, I just may have to sew in a liner before I can use it.

On a brighter note, M and I did some more dying of the yarn that Martine gave us. M choose red, purple, and pink, and just squirted her little heart out, covering the yarn in colours.



It is lovely, but who knows when I will get a chance to knit with it. I now have my Violet Green sock wool that I am making a pair of socks for Al with, and my Get knitted sock club yarn that I am still working on my gloves with, a pair of socks for me, and several babies around for whom I have to knit baby socks, plus an urge to do more felting.

And all when life seems to be getting too busy to get anything done!!!!!




No comments: