Sunday, 11 March 2012

Distraction

So the weather is nicer, there are green shoots appearing, and I am being distracted by the garden and the allotment, and not getting a lot of crocheting done. I started all of these things for Crochet Month, and now I just want to dig and sow seeds. :-)

Today saw me get into the garden to  dig over last years potato and courgette patches. Since we have an allotment of our own now, that is going to be given over to fruit bushes and herbs, maybe some garlic and leeks later in the season.

Our garden is small, but I have planted in an L shape - up the left hand side is raspberries which are established. Then a goosberry, to the right is another gooseberry, a blueberry and my new baby bay bush. I have planted a couple of other blueberries in bigger pots there as well.

So far we haven't sown much, basil and courgettes and rocket, but I will get some more things sown soon and transplant a couple of other gooseberries down at the allotment. We are developing a perennial strip which will have an asparagus bed, maybe a strawberry bed, and some gooseberries and eventually some redcurrants, as well as some herbs.

That is the plan. Sorry no photos, but it does mean I have actually been busy in the real world!

PS, I am also reading a book. Never Let Me Go by by Kazuo Ishiguro which Martine has lent me.

No comments: