Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Women Unbound






So the Women Unbound reading challenge is finished. I must admit, that  like many participants, no doubt, I started off with more energy that I could maintain. I did, however, manage to read lots of books, even if I didn't blog about them. I did blog about a few, but lately I am finding it hard to find motivation to blog at all. Of course, I am also finding it hard to find time to read.  But I did complete the challenge, which is nice, although I am a Bluestocking, rather than a Suffragette.  ( I think, really I lost count!) That is because I was reading books by men as well, and a few young adult novels, in order to keep up with the kids' books, so we can talk about those. Actually, I wonder if I can include Halo, by Zizou Corder. It is about a young girl, raised by Centaurs, disguised as a boy in the war with Sparta, and there are some Amazons thrown in for good measure. Nice adventure book with a female lead.  So I think I will count it.  Thanks to the women who organized the challenge. I am already thinking what reading challenge I will do next year, although I may decide life is challenging enough. :-)

No comments: