It is July, and we are having a thunder storm, or so it seems. Lots of rain and lightening. Today is R's birthday. She is 15. We went camping in Anglesey last week and she wants to go back for her 16th birthday, provided all her friends come too. Camping was pretty nice. Bit of tension, bit of hormonal moodiness, both on my part, but you can't blame the wind on me. :-) In the end, it was overall a nice holiday, if a bit hard work. Never going camping pregnant again!
The bathroom is finished. I just have to touch up the paint work, do the wood work and get some pretty things on the walls. I am determined to keep it clean. My new job...cleaning the bathroom once a week. Seems like a normal enough thing, but when so much of your house is crap and worn out, and you can't tell the difference between clean and dirty anyway, standards tend to slip. So now, we have two nice rooms in the house - the loft conversion (which would be nice if it wasn't covered in my yarn, scrap, wool, clothes, books, etc.) and the bathroom.
Can't seem to get motivated to finish anything knitted. I have started a few more things, but then just sit around looking for something else to start. I only managed to do a couple of crocheted tops for M this month. You can see them on my Ravelry page. But other than that, can't seem to find any motivation for finishing anything. I guess I have pregnancy cabbage brain, and can't really focus. But I have been getting out lots of knitting books from the library, and getting lots of ideas. So some part of my brain is still working a bit. :-)
Also, the skin rash is back. Polymorphic Eruption of Pregnancy, (or Puppp). I am taking another remedy from the homoeopath and hoping it works again. Last time it was much better, and I didn't need to take the steroids. Am going to see the midwives today, have yet more blood ripped from my veins, so they can tell me how anaemic I am. I am supposed to be having midwife led care, but certainly doesn't feel like it so far. I have no relationship with any of the midwives, and haven't seen one of them twice yet. I could do with some support along those lines, so will see what happens today. I sort of need to talk baby stuff, and have somebody I trust to talk to about worries, and excitements, even if I have done this a few times before. I am beginning to think I would rather be living in a teepee, with an old witchy woman taking care of me, and the kids out playing in the fields. Instead, I am in the city, with kids who are fed up with each other because of the building work and having to put with their lethargic complaining mother, and crap weather.
I think that buying some nice organic cotton to knit with would put me in a better mood. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment