Monday, 25 May 2009

Projects...or rather ideas for projects

I have finally finished the hood on the Debbie Bliss baby hoody I am making. I just have to get the sleeves done now! I may actually finish it. And I have made myself promise that I will get this finished before I start anything else!

I have to make that promise because I have a few ideas for things I want to make. I have that lovely Colinette Cadenza that I want to use to make a mitred baby cardigan with. I have the Cashmerino Astrakhan that I want to make a nice blanket with. There is a Berocco pattern that I found on Ravelry that I want to do. And this one for M. And playing around on Ravelry yesterday I found these that I want to make for me Rectangela and this Drops Design one. Actually I have had the Drops Design one in mind for ages, I just went back and had another look! And I want to do the Lorenz Manifold! But I think that will have to be a life goal, rather than a craft goal.

I also found the Babette Blanket which is just beautiful. I don't think I will do the actual pattern, (maybe save that for grandchildren when I have fewer children in my house and more time) but the colours have given me the idea for doing a baby blanket with some of my left over bits of sock yarn. I have loads of colours, but may need to get some more to have enough colourways that go together. :-) Any excuse to buy yarn! How about lots of coloured crocheted squares sewn together with white? Not sure if I should do all the same squares, or do lots of different stitches. Probably all the same pattern, but different colours. Anyway, that is what I want to get started on...but I will finish the hoody first.

I will finish the hoody...I will finish the hoody...I will finish the hoody...I will...


1 comment:

martine said...

You might finish the hoody ... but whether the baby will be too big to wear it is another matter:-)
What the hell is that spiral thing? is it meant to be something or just a mathematical exercise? I want to try some moebius (however it's spelled) knitting, it looks challenging too.
But not sure if I can tear myself away from the felt:-)
much love Martine