Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Snow!

Yes, like everybody else in the country, we had snow too yesterday. A group of home edders were meeting at the park to go sledging so we decided to join them. I am so glad we went! There isn't much you can do at our house with the snow. We did make 3 little mini snowmen with buttons for eyes, etc. But there wasn't enough snow to do much else, and our garden is a little thing, so we headed for the park, and had a great time. At least C and M did!

They got to use that plastic sled that has been in the garden for I don't know how many years! And got to see some old friends and make one or two new ones.

I am beginning to realize that a lot of the people that have been a part of home education for me for the past 10 years are moving on to other things. Or our kids are just growing older and they don't need us too much to engineer their social lives. :-) But it does mean that whereas I used to arrange activities geared towards the older girls, I now should be making a conscious effort to go to activities for C and M. Granted they do do a lot anyway, but they probably miss the trips to the park which I should try to manage more often.

Since I mentioned older kids, R did her radio show again yesterday. The This and That Show on All fm with about 7 or so home ed friends. They have been doing it occassionally for a while now, from the Zion. Yesterday was their first broadcast from the All fm studio in Longsight. They are getting rather au fait with it all. :-)

hmmmmm.....should have taken some photos in the snow. But let's face it, I was doing good to get out and play, and take them to the park.

Peace
Julie
ps, and I made some baby socks for one of the Pilates teachers who has had a baby girl, but forgot to take a photo of them as well. Gloves continue...

No comments: