Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Apparently I have a masochistic streak.

This is not because I make decisions like giving up the car, or having 5 children, or home educating them all. It is because I have decided to knit this!

The Still Light Tunic is lovely. It has been in my favourites for years, but I never thought I would actually make  one. Why? Fingering yarn, 3mm needles, my ample bosom and large ass.  Never mind the tummy. Those things do not all go together.

And then one day, while Martine was over for knitting, I just said, "What the hell?" and bought the pattern and bought the yarn and have started. Egads. Thanks goodness for the regular Drops sales at the Wool Warehouse!

I am doing the biggest size. Having done a gauge swatch, I decided on 3.25 mm needles. But the fabric is knitting up quiet stretchy so am thinking about doing the 2nd biggest size, and then increasing to the largest for more butt room. It is a light yarn, but I am worried the weight of the dress will pull the yoke and it will all end up too big. If you are going to do this much knitting, you want it to fit!

I am looking forward to increasing to get over the shoulders. 488 stitches. Or near that anyway since I have 4 rogue stitches and another 40 stitches to increase. Here I go again...

No comments: