Sunday, 13 October 2013

2013

So when 2013 started, I thought it was going to be my year of change. As told in the previous post from 3 months ago, medical issues have been dominating the year and they are ongoing. The arthritis is getting better. Well, the arthritis is still there but lots of Pilates and a bit of physio and trying to walk and cycle a lot means that I am feeling better. Even been dancing in the past couple of weeks. :-)

When last I wrote I was still waiting for my physio and in a bit of pain when walking. I didn't know if I should push it or rest it. Well, going camping a couple of times meant I had to push it. First just to get across the fields to the toilets - then to run around the whole site asking people if they had seen The Babe. She had a great time! But all of that walking around worked out some muscles that obviously needed working out. I started the week on crutches, and ended able to walk around the whole site without them. :-)

We are still seeing the neuro for the Meister. They think it may be her thyroid. Funnily enough, Truffle is having cardiac problems and they are testing her thyroid as well. She has a heart murmur and is having palpitations and is has regular episodes of tachycardia, but they can't figure out why. The Meister is taking a homeopathic remedy at the moment for her thyroid, while we wait for appointments for more blood tests which will take us into December. So that is the year really isn't it.

I am still hoping for some sort of change. I started the year thinking that I would initiate some sort of change to make me happier with life in general. I attended a couple of open days about doing post grad study, but there is no way we can afford it. Although I did get excited about studying again. Or at least using my brain. I have sort of half-heartedly been looking for a job, but since it is  difficult finding anything part time for a very intelligent woman who has little job experience, that has actually been depressing me more. 

But money is not forthcoming from the universe in other ways. :-) And since our debt is piling up, I am back to looking seriously. And it is actually making me feel positive. Nobody seems to want to hire me, but I am finding enough to apply for, that I keep a little bit of hope alive every time I get a rejection or no response from the previous one.

All this means I am knitting and crocheting from my stash a lot, and developing a fondness for acrylic yarn. :-) Here is a selection of things made over the past 3 months.










There are three babies coming up so more will be made. And I have officially started my Christmas knitting as well. Haven't gotten very far, but at least I have started. Knitting and Pilates is my life these days. And crochet. :-)

No comments: