I don't get nearly enough time to crochet -or knit for that matter. Or read a book other than Where the Wild Things Are and One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. But I am still going when I can, usually at midnight when I should be asleep but I have the house to myself and desperately want to finish something.
A couple of somethings I finished are these shawls, both from the Chèche à la sauce bidules chouettes pattern. Here it is in English if your French doesn't go the crafty vocabulary. The translation requires that you know some things about crochet I think, as there some 'just get on with it' areas.
I was wrong. Here she is taking it off, having had it on for about 38 seconds. She hasn't allowed it to be put on her since.
I also got to finish the Meister's Cookie Monster Hat, which has been crocheted for ages, just waiting for me to get the eyes, mouth and cookies done. She wanted two chocolate chip cookies, but I ran out of the light brown, so she got a chocolate covered digestive as well. She doesn't mind. :-) I just had a look at ones on Ravelry that others had done, and made it up.
And then I have done a few little photo prop type ones for babies of varying sizes for The Changeling's workplace. She works as a photography assistant and they do family portraits, and newborns and things. I didn'g get photos of most of the hats. How ironic is that? But here are the newborn sized Owl hats.
I am continuing with my attepts to focus on 3 projects a month, having strayed a bit. With the weather getting nicer (well, theorhetically as the heating came on yesterday,) I like the idea of doing lighter shawls with the Crochet Shoulder Wrappers group. I want to do about 6 of the CALs in May, June and July. Plus I have bought some of this in the 180gm size in a grey to teal colourway. I am doing a Lily Go pattern in that as well as another Lily Go pattern as one of my CALs this month. The Gathering Leaves looks like this so far.
It is slow going because of the whole small child needing attention thing, but the chart is great, and I zoom along when I get the time. The yarn is not as great as the pattern, but at over 2000 metres for under a fiver on ebay I am not going to complain too much. There is 20% wool in there, and the colour is quite nice anyway.
The thing that I really want to finish is the Babe's blanket. I stalled a bit, being distracted by many of the above, but I only have three colours to do of the repeated stripes, and then the border! And then several months to wait until the Babe has her own bedroom and bed on which to put it. But I still want to finish it. It is looking good...
...even if there are a lot of ends to weave in. The Babe wraps up in it already, and calls it, "My Oom?" because told her it was for her room.
Other fun things I have done, include going to the Black Sheep with Caroline and Martine and buying far too much yarn, or just enough yarn depending on your point of view. I did put a lot of things back, but I made the mistake of saying in front of the above witnesses that I won't have to buy any yarn for the rest of the year. Damn! So between the Postman knowing I am not supposed to be buying yarn, and kids who I have to bribe not to mention any packages that arrive, and now my partners in crime actually thinking I have too much (not just enough, but actaully TOO MUCH - is there such a thing?) I may have to actually get on with making things, and not just planning on making other things.
No comments:
Post a Comment