Monday, 23 May 2011

Old Bag

So I have wanted to felt myself a bag for a long time, and watching all of Martine's posts about felt, finally motivated me.  I had some 100% wool from Dragon yarns, which I had bought years ago for doing re-enactment stuff. Some of it had been used to make Viking socks - naalbinding- and doing tablet weaving for belts and things.
So I had red, yellow, orange, green, and some dark blue from New Lanarkshire. I spent ages on Ravelry looking for patterns, and in the end I made one up. Also in the end, I decided to limit the colours, as all those squares were looking weird.
So I crocheted some circles in squares and crocheted them together and ended up with this.


After a couple of washes, it looks like this.





And I am quite happy with it. I would like to think I will get around to lining it, and adding a zip or poppers, but I think I know myself well enough to know that won't happen.

2 comments:

martine said...

The joy of felted fabric is that it really doesn't need a lining, you could just add a button and a loop to keep it closed. I think it is wonderful, such lovely vibrant colours.
much love
martine

Becks said...

Wow, that is a NICE bag. Lov how the colours work together.
xx