Saturday, 12 June 2010

A Most Wonderful Thing...

So it was my birthday last month, and I got a few lovely presents :-) One of these was a gift certificate for Sew In!  We have been busy cramming for exams (more on that to come) and then the car was in the garage for 10 days, so I didn't get a chance to go and choose some wool to make something for ME!
I had decided on this pattern - the amazing thing being that I actually paid for it! There are so many lovely free patterns out there that I forget you can actually buy them. But pay for it I did, because I like it, and did I mention I am knitting something for ME!?
I have also enjoyed the past week or so looking at different yarns, getting people's opinions and dreaming about all of the other things I could make for ME!
So Al and I get up this morning, dress, breakfast and feed the baby and off we go so I can get my yarn. Now here is an annoying little fact...Sew In DON'T STOCK ROWAN PURE WOOL! Once I came to grips with that fact, I went back to my slighlty more practical idea of Sirdar Click. They didn't have any colours that I liked, so I have ordered the dark green Kilt, #122. Should be a couple of weeks until I get that.


In the mean time, I had money left over so I bought some of this




It is Sublime soya cotton which is on sale. It all started because I was going to play around with some Bamboo. Having never knitted with bamboo, I was looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. So how I ended up getting a soya/cotton blend is a mystery. Actually, no it isn't. It was ON SALE!

Other things I have been doing...

This is the baby  hip dress I made for lovely baby in Sirdar Calico, which is quite nice to knit with.





I wish you could get something like Sirdar Calico in nice colours in 3ply so you could use it for all those rather fab baby vintage crochet patterns out there. Somebody should produce that....

And I have been hanging out down at the community allotment rather a lot.


Very exciting day today...the polytunnel is going up...

So now I have to get my wellies on, and postpone the desire to cast on a new something...

No comments: