This is probably going to be a boring post that is only interesting to far away friends who want to keep up with what we are doing.
End of May we had my my birthday, and S coming home from uni for the day, and C being in the finals of the Chorlton Young Musician of the Year contest. We managed a family dinner in between rehearsals and show as well. We finally found Due Fratelli in Chorlton, which is a great place to take a big family with lots of different eating habits. The vegetarians were happy, the carnivores were happy, and the bank was happy.
Then we we stopped off home to get a belt for the boy, so his trousers wouldn't fall off his skinny body while on stage, and went to the Blue Box Theatre so see the young perfomers. I was mightily impressed with all of them, but of course, mostly with C. He didn't know many of the others, as they had lots of school friends there to support them, and he got a nice polite applause when he took the stage. When he finished though, he got a louder, appreciative applause, especially from me and M, who whooped and yelled.
My pressies included the following...
S got me The Princess Bride DVD, some Lowry cards, and Mr Booja Booja truffles. Al got me the gift certificate, R got me the new Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip CD, M gave me the Bag, there is a book of poetry on its way from my mother.
I don't know why I am going on about this birthday that was a month ago...I guess because it was a nice day, and we've had a few of those recently. During this time, we were also frantically trying to help R through her Maths GCSE. We managed to cover a lot of ground in a few weeks, but it did mean that I ignored the other kids for a bit. Actually, I think they like me to ignore them every once in a while...I don't notice how much chocolate they are buying. And of course, the car went into the garage the week of her exams. She had 4 exams in one week, and now they are all over, and we are waiting for August 24th.
Then we had to get S home from uni. Drove down to visit Martine and co so we could break down the journey with the baby. Which didn't really work all that wellas a journey break, but it was a nice excuse to go visiting. :-) Got up on the Sat to go get S, and arrived an hour later than we had planned, in spite of leaving 20 minutes earlier than we had planned. R and S managed to get things shoved into the car...and I am still wondering how she had so much STUFF!?!
Then we headed off to visit P, a great friend who I had lost touch with. I just realized we didn't get any photos!? How did I manage that? But it was great to see her and her family, and that is it, we are back in touch, so more reasons to travel down south to see people.
But it was a long day. First driving from Moreton to Bristol, then Bristol to Nailsea, then Nailsea to Manchester, via the A449 as the M6 was closed. Lots of stops for the baby, and coffees and kidneys, and to look at a map because my two intelligent, lovely daughters are useless map readers! Too late do I find this gap in their education. Finally got home about half past midnight, and then had to spend a while driving around trying to find a parking place.
This is how we got through the day!
We did manage to get the car unloaded the next day in time for me to take C and M to go take part in the Manchester Day Parade! They had a fab time, and came home with screen printed Tshirts from a workshop they had done during half term - and sunburn. :-)
M gave her Tshirt to S. It has a lion on it, which you can't see cuz the cute babe is in the way.
And here is C's Tshirt...
This is him on his new (to him) bike, which he got for his birthday and which he was ridden every day since! His birthday was lovely. Lots of boys, and lots of food, and some Magic Cards and DVDs.
So this post has been in my 'to do' list since 23 June and it is now 29th June, so I think I will just post it, and worry about all the other things I was going to say later. I lost my train of thought anyway, if there ever was one!
No comments:
Post a Comment