Sunday, 4 April 2010

A traditional Easter Sunday....somewhere....

Happy Easter if you celebrate that sort of thing. It is a pretty sunny day today and I wish we could go out for a walk, but we have had a very sick baby for the past few days and she is sleeping peacefully for the first time in 3 days, so not going to take any chances with that.

We did the chocolate egg thing, and Al even got me an egg, dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, vegan, and very tastey. Kids got Cadbury's chocolate button ones. :-) And several Cream eggs which were hidden around the house. R had a friend spend the night, so there were 20 eggs hidden around the house, and they took their time finding them. I like that fact the the 15 and 19 year olds still enjoy hunting for chocolate eggs as much as the 10 and 13 years olds, and as much as I enjoy hiding them. And I was impressed when S found her 4 so quickly, even the ones in the Jack in the Box, and the binoculars case.

So, on to our Easter dinner. Sort of forgot to go shopping for a nice dinner, so we went Italian. I managed meat balls cooked in some leftover tomato sauce, a vegan lasagne made with lots of veggies and spelt lasagne and wheat free, dairy free, mushroom and black pepper bechamel sauce. Then there was the basic pasta bake, with one my best cheese sauces (which I can't eat at the moment) and a nice crunchy topping of ciabatta crumbs. Then there was salad and bruscetta and ciabatta. Not bad, considering I thought I had nothing in. :-) And there was something for each of the fussy eaters in the house.

Now, off to eat more chocolate, 'cause that is what holidays are all about!

4 comments:

martine said...

can it really be called a bechamel sauce if it is wheat and dairy free. I think these vegans should be obliged to think up new names for their 'concoctions':-)
much love
martine

julie ridley said...

No, it can't. But since that one was for me, and I am feeling hard done by, I am going to pretend that it was nice and creamy. :-p

Robots at Heart said...

Happy Easter from all of us here.

way2cool4schoolgirl said...

Hey mama I found my eggs before Sade even though I always find mine last.