Friday, 16 April 2010

So I have actually been knitting...

Just to prove that I still have been knitting, in between reading and taking care of kids, and enjoying the sunshine, and all sorts of things....



This the Autumn Leaves pattern done on 3.25 mm needles for newborn. One of C's Scouts leaders is expecting imminently and I hope she likes this. I am actually quite proud of it, in spite of getting my YOs wrong. Although when I look on Ravelry at the other finished products, I am not the only one. So maybe they are not wrong so much as emphasized. After all, there are many ways to do just about everything. I was worried about it being too big, and since I used Patons Cotton Washed Haze, I wanted it to fit in the finer weather, but now I think it may be a bit small. It definitely won't fit for long, so let's hope it is a small baby.


I have also used the same yarn to do a neck shawl (ok it's a scarf really) to sell raffle tix to fundraise for the boy's Scout Jamboree in 2011. (I do have a photo, but I can't find the camera and it doesn't have any batteries because the very expensive lithium ones I bought got used by C and M and a neighbourhood friend to make a video.) We need £250 by the end of this month. Then we need to get the rest of the £2000. So far we have about £58. :-)  At least we have started. If only I could get sponsered for each raised point in my blood pressure...

3 comments:

martine said...

Jules, this is just lovely. Thst boy is going to have to get out and do some serious car washing for the neighbours or something.
much love martine

way2cool4schoolgirl said...

Martine you've got it all wrong, I'm the one doing car washing!!! I'll do yours when you come if you want!!!!!

Lupie said...

Found your blog when looking at Autumn Leaves on Ravelry.
I am working on one for my upcoming grandaughter.
I have a group you may like to join on Ravelry Lesser Known Skeins. I'll send you an invite.
Your little girl is very beautiful!