One of those moments,
eyes looking deep into mine
laying in my arms.
I remember going to my first NNN camp years ago, when M was a few months old. There was a man called David who wrote Haiku and spent some time talking to some of us about the form, why he did it, and encouraging us to have a go. Sadly, he has passed away now, but I guess he left a bit of himself in a lot of people, even those of us he only met briefly.
One of the things I remember his saying, is that Haiku is like a snapshot. It is a way to remember a moment when you don't have a camera, but still want to mark the moment, make it last. And that is what just happened to me.
This morning, sitting in front of the computer, in my pjs, in my messy study, with baby A sitting on my leg. Suddenly, she bent her head back in the crook of my arm, and just stared intently at my face. I had to pay attention. :-) For several minutes, we just looked at each other, as I resisted the urge to get the camera - and then she reached out for me and grabbed my nose, chin, cheeks, etc. One of those moments, common and yet so special. And in spite of me cringing - as I sound a bit like a greetings card, I will treasure it, and the memory of it. My little Haiku will make sure I remember.
1 comment:
that's so lovely!!!
Post a Comment