Wednesday, 8 April 2009

A month of stuff

Well, it has been a while, hasn't it. I guess that means I have been busy. Let's hope so, and pretend that motivation isn't the problem. :-)

March was a bit busy. My mother came to visit for 3 weeks from the States. It had been 3 years since she was here before, so you can imagine how excited she was! The kids had a nice time too, especially I think, 9 year old M.

We had a few nice trips out, although we did for the most part just have our normal day to day life, including Granma.

The best was a trip to the Blue Planet Aquaruim. S was at college so she missed out, but I don't think she minds. :-) We had gone to the Aquarium a few years ago. I remember they used to do family tickets for different sized families, which was great as we had 4 children. I think we paid about £36 last time. This time it was £71. Which is just ridiculous for a family day out. So we have taken lots of photos, to remember our day there, cuz it ain't gonna happen again!





































We have also been making things, which is, of course, what this blog is supposed to be about. I seem to have a lot of things on the go at the moment, and keep wanting to start more.

Still working on A's socks. Who knows when they will get done, as I have lost my motivation for them. And my gloves. Hopefully, I will finish them before the end of summer, as the weather turns colder again.

In the mean time, I have unpicked a sweater I had made in Colinette Tagliatelle. Thanks to Martine for the help. I am hoping to make a shawl. I started something in a Tunisian stitch, but it is too dense and uses too much wool, so shall frog it and thing of something else.

My mother also brought some Lion Brand Glitterspun with her when she came. R had wanted me to make her a poncho in red Glitterspun, but has now changed her mind and wants a scarf/shawl kind of thing. Mum liked the yarn though, so she brought some in black and I made her a couple of berets out of it. I am not sure about them. One was a modified Lion Brand pattern, and the other was modified pattern from Ravelry, but I wasn't all that impressed with either. Fortunately, Mum liked them.

Something I really enjoyed making was this spur of the moment tea pot cosy. Knitting group friend aurdreym made some lovely cosies for the restaurant where we meet to knit, and I was inspired to try something myself. I had some bits left over from other things, the blue is Wendy Wild Spice, and the purple is Moda Dea Tutu. I just crocheted them up rather quickly, and was quite pleased with the result. It is only for my little one cup pot, so technically, I suppose I don't need a tea cosy, but who cares? I like it. :-)

I also really enjoyed making these socks for S. I found the yarn, Regia Softy Color in John Lewis. It is so fluffy and soft, and knits up rather quickly. I was quite proud of myself as well, as this is the first pair of socks that I haven't really used a pattern for. I just started them, did a short rowed heel, and they turned out fine. Although I am supposed to be making a pair for another daughter. And they leave your feel really fluffy!

This is my favourite yarn of the moment. I like to just look at it, as it is soooo beautiful. It is Colinette Cadenza in Jay, which S got me for Mother's Day. Haven't decided what I will make with it yet. For now, I am just enjoying looking at it.


That's all for now. I'm bored writing this, so anybody reading must definitely be bored.

Peace

No comments: