Sunday, 8 June 2014

So maybe not so many socks...

I have managed to do a couple of pairs more. But they seem to take me a very long time. I imagine it is all the crocheting I do while I have socks on the knitting needles. And all of the time I spend on Ravelry looking at all the socks I will knit...if I ever get off Ravelry.

Finally finished these ones today.
The above socks are being sent to America now, to the lovely S, who has just walked a marathon and half raising $3000 for a Breast cancer charity. I think her feet deserve a treat. They have taken me 2 and a half months. Partly because I am not used to the stretchy cotton yarn, partly because I made a mistake when I started the toe decreases and then left them for several weeks before getting around to sorting them out. But mostly because I have been crocheting these things...

 David Cameron puppet for Socialist friend to do with as she will. Pattern from Lion Brand's Barrack Obama puppet.
 A summer hat, cuz the sun shone here for a couple of days in May. 

 Beautiful top for the teenager from Inside Crochet. The pattern is by the talented Rosella Tinn.




A present for Aurora's first birthday. The Shortie Sweater from Holland Designs.

I have managed some knitting as well though. There was this hat, which was knitted with Fyberspates Scrumptious. That yarn is appropriately named! It was sent to Morag, who was much more appreciative than the various offspring.

And this hat which was for the dear hubby who cycles 8 miles to work every day. It helps keeps his ears warm under his cycle helmet.

And another pair of lovely socks. Everything about these was quite nice. From the Knitpicks sock yarn to the pattern.

They were for the eldest daughter, and were a request, so I was happy to oblige. They looked lovely!

 I did manage these little ones as well.They just barely fit the 4 year old, and now that the weather is nice, they are not getting worn. I can see myself trying to pick out the toes and lengthen them so that they get more wear next winter.



I am working on some others, and a toddler jumper and a baby blanket. So all in all, considering my wonderful ability to start things and not finish them, doing 6 pairs of socks so far this year is pretty good! Even if some of them were started a long time ago!

Phew. Managed to get all of that written while the 4 year old was at the allotment with her dad. And now she is back and needs a pooh. So back to real life. The story of how I managed to stand on my DPNs and stab myself in the heel will have to wait for another time. :-)

3 comments:

martine said...

See, put things up all in one go and you can really appreciate how productive you have been:-)

Woolly cluck said...

Love your blog, and diverse range of projects! Thanks for doing justice to my pattern, Rosella :)

Anonymous said...

I would love some socks please.