Saturday, 3 November 2012

WIPs

Works in Progress
But I am talking knitting and crochet here, and I count 17 of them. Sweaters and hats and gloves and socks all waiting to be completed at some point. And all I want to do is start things. I have no time to finish things, but I like the creative process involved in choosing a project, a pattern, a yarn, a recipient, and getting started.
Somewhere, somebody has no doubt labelled this a syndrome or some kind of disorder. For me it is fun, the only downside being one of storage....

2 comments:

Becks said...

I think I've heard the term "startitis"? Same here, my head is buzzing with ideas, I keep rooting through the stash matching yarns to the ideas, but then I remember the socks, neverending, and the ideas go on hold. There are other unfinished bits too but not even thinking of them until babe allows me to finish the socks!
Can you focus on getting that "look what I just made" finished knit feeling instead? Says me lol.
xx

julie ridley said...

Startitis. yes. and finishaphobia. :-)
I have finished something. But I don't have a photo yet. And it is only a hat, but a lovely Jayne Cobb hat.

And I have started making bunny nuggets. Look them up on Ravelry. They are small and they finish quickly.

At least,they will be finished as soon as the eyes arrive from Purplelindacrafts!