Saturday, 2 July 2011

A Baby's cardigan...

Started on the 30th. Had to recast on the next day - 2 and a half more times actually. Don't ask me why, but I kept looping an extra stitch on using the long tail cast on. Finally got there in the end.


Am determined to accomplish some knitting! The Babe is taking up every minute of my day, and I think I am beginning to suffer withdrawal. I don't want to exercise, I don't want to go to the allotment, I don't want to cook, even eating is taking a back seat! I just want to knit, uninterrupted for a few hours...days. :-)

Anyway, I knitted happily until I got to row 7. Had to knit this one back a couple of times, not really sure what I was doing wrong. Partly because I was up at 6.30 am with a toddler on a Saturday, and trying to keep her happy with a Little Bear DVD while knitting. In the end, it took me 1.5 hours to do row 7!

But I am very happy with myself. I got to row 9 and thought, "They've left out a yf." But I didn't trust myself. Did it like it says in the book, THEN thought to check online. And there is it. The mistake in the published pattern.  I was right! So I think I am a proper knitter.

Next step...designer....in a few more years. :-)

No comments: