Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Happy Times

Here is the Happy Vest. I decided to make a little something yesterday for the Babe, and this is what I came up with. I am going to try it out in some different yarn, and publish the pattern over on the other blog. But in the mean time, I am quite happy with it. :-)




It is made in some Robin Bonny Babe Aran that I bought when I was trying to make an afghan for my mother. I have a lot of pink and cream and blue and another blue and green in this yarn, so I had better use it for something. I was hoping to make it in some rainbow coloured stuff that I have, but I want to use blue or red for the yoke, but I can't find any, and am not allowed to buy anything until I have emptied a couple of my stash boxes. (That is a self imposed rule, by the way.) Luckily, I have some Rowan cotton in my stash as well, so will try it out in that. :-)

2 comments:

Becks said...

Lovely top.
I'm on a self imposed yarn ban too - currently working my way through the roughly 2000g of mixed roll ends in my scrap bag before I can move onto my proper stash, and then I can shop for more!
Seems 2011 is the year for stashbusting!
xx

julie ridley said...

I think you are right. I just hope it doesn't take me the whole year to do it!