Eeeek! also because of the ongoing election stuff. Of course, my personal Eeeek! does not have to do with wanting GB out, or thinking they should all hurry up, or being dismayed at the fact that it is taking a while to sort out any coalition. My Eeeek! is with the pathetic media coverage. I am sick of people saying GB should get out, when there is as yet nobody in a position to replace him. I am sick of reporters giving us all their interpretations rather than the NEWS. Why isn't it called OPINIONS rather than NEWS anymore? I am sick of people assuming that Nick Clegg is giving his party away whatever he chooses. And I am sick of news that isn't news, but just fillers because there really isn't that much to report at the moment. Maybe if we lived in a country that trusted its leaders a bit more, the leaders would meet our higher standards, instead of living in a country where we automatically criticize, and so bring everybody down to the lower standard of trying to keep us happy. Or maybe I just need to drink more gin.
I am rather comforted by the fact that politicians are talking to each other, having to negotiate, and taking the time to try to make the right decision. It may be the only thing I am optimistic about, and I know it won't last long. :-o
And now for a happy Eeeek! I have finished a few things. Been inspired by the weather to make things in cotton for the baby. And here they are.
The photo isn't that good. It actually looks really sweet, if a bit 1970's which I like. ;-) It is the Ruffle hat, crocheted in Sirdar Calico.
And this a cardy that I started before baby was born, thinking I had plenty of time. Fogot about it for a while, and then realized that she is nearly 7 months old and I had better finish it. Left off the pockets, as I cannot for the life of me fathom why babies need pockets. And left off the flowers I was going to crochet, as she has a habit of grabbing things on her clothes and eating them. Why go to the bother of flowers that are only going to get sucked. :-) And the buttons are a boring brown, because they were in my sewing box and didn't cost me a penny. A practical garment that can get messy without me caring too much. All in all a nice cotton cardy for sunny weather. So come on sunny weather.
And since waiting around for sunny weather may take longer than waiting for a coalition government, here is a little warm bonnet, although only in acrylic, that I have made up. It doesn't fit very well, but I like the stitch, called Peacock stitch in the crochet book I have. I think I will have to play around with it a bit, and see if I can come up with a nice pattern. I keep thinking I would like to write up patterns for some of the things I crochet, but I never get around to it. I shall try to do it as I make another summer halter top for M, in some Louisa Harding cotton that I have from a trip to Shipston last year. Hey Martine, comment please on the name of that lovely shop?!
Happy Eeeeek day!
2 comments:
It's called Shipston Needlecraft, their webiste is here:
http://www.needlework.co.uk/index.html
(they have two shops, the other one in Burford)
Totally agree, got pissed this morning that the Tories are in a mood because Clegg is talking to Labour ... duh ... what did they expect with all their prevaricating and pretending to offer tidbits but really liking the system the way it is now and having no intention of changing it. I want the rainbow alliance!!!
We left a baking tin as well.
much love martine
Great idea mum MAKE ME A HALTER TOP!!!!!!!
Peace Flom
Post a Comment