M's snow queen;
C's odd snowman;

R's snow person attached to a wall;
and the snow baby that S did in the middle of the pavement. Believe it or not, the next morning it had been completely trampled by people and you couldn't even tell it had been there. Shocking!
Of course, it was also slightly shocking to see what had happened to R's standing up person. Only the legs remained. Not much is going on now as we don't really have that much garden. I remember when I was younger, having a back porch and the snow drifts used to gather around it. We could make brilliant dens and igloos and forts for snow ball fights. Although I never really have enjoyed snow ball fights.
I must also tell you about all the things I have made for S. Historically, she doesn't like me knitting things for her. Or she hasn't found things that she wants me to make for her. But we seem to be on a roll at the moment. I made her one pair of socks, and one hat that she liked before she went to university. But when she was home for Christmas, she asked for and got a pair of legwarmers, another hat, and a headband/earwarmer thing. And she has asked for a Calorimetry. She liked the one Martine was making, and now she wants one. I have ordered some lovely yarn, the kind you can only afford if you are doing small projects, and I shall get on with it soon.
...as soon as I finish all the other things I am making. I must finish the baby body warmer, and one pair of socks for Al, and the bathmat I was supposed to have crocheted when we got our new bathroom. Then I can get on with Calorimetry for S, and this and this for M and this for C and these for Al, and maybe this for him too. As you can see, I am developing a bit of a thing for Rowan felted tweed. :-)
I hope I really do get to make more actual garments this year. It was easy doing it for babies and toddlers, but I find I don't do much for bigger people, and certainly not myself, as I can't afford that much yarn!

1 comment:
Thinking big with the snow people and the knitting I see:-) I have stayed in and stayed warm today ... and it seems to be melting YEAH!!!!
love M
Post a Comment