Friday, 16 January 2009

And fun was had by all....

Well, actually fun was had by me and Al. In May, we shall have been married for 20 years. Our eldest daughter turned 18 last month and Al turned 40 this month. For his birthday, we went away for the first time since we started having kids, without any of them in tow!

Of course, we are skint, so instead of that weekend in Italy I would have liked to treat him to, we managed a £12 Travelodge special in Liverpool City Centre. Not very glam, but then again, neither are we. Or at least me.

We had time at the Walker Art Gallery, had a fantastic meal at Alma de Cuba, which is the most beautiful restaurant I have ever been in, gave up the idea of the cinema because of the bottle of wine, 4 cocktails and lots of lovely food meant we would have fallen asleep anyway. So we went for a little walk, had some ice cream from the Ben and Jerry's vending machine, and went back to our room, where there were no kids up waiting for us, plying us with questions or demands. It was quite nice. And I hope we do it again some day.

Happy Birthday to Al, who is still not as old as me. :-)

Peace
Julie
PS I didn't knit him anything for his birthday!

No comments: