Tuesday, 23 December 2008

I hate knitting to a schedule!

Well, I have finished Christmas knitting, and I was only doing 3 things. As soon as I know I have to finish something, I don't want to do it. I would much rather spend all of my time looking at patterns on Ravelry, or Drops designs which I have found because of Ravelry.

I am back to working on S's socks which makes her happy. And I have been playing around with fingerless gloves. When S had her party, one of her friends had some fingerless gloves that were knitted and crocheted and looked ok. Apparently she paid £10 for them from Accessorize! Any, I made up a pattern, and made a pair for R. They are nice, just crocheted from some mohair I had in a box, with a knitted rib cuff and a nice flower. They are really too big for her, would fit me fine, but not really my style. too pretty! I like making pretty things, not wearing them. :-)

Anyway, M and C both want some fingerless gloves now as well. I have started to make a pair for M in the same colours, but she always asks for things she doesn't really want, so not too worried about finishing them. C wants some in black and red. I have found a pattern on Ravelry which is for beginners doing colourwork which I want to try. I haven't been confident enough to do anything with colours yet. Really with all of this beautiful self patterning yarn, who needs to be good at colourwork?! But I want to give it a try.

Also found a pattern that I want to do for me, but I will need about £60 for the yarn, so I had better take up spinning I think. :-)

Lots going on, and then again, not much going on. We are preparing for Christmas, and hopefully it will be a good day. It is going to be a frugal one, but still looking forward to it. And to the duck we have for dinner. And the nut roast, for those vegetarian teen agers.

Peace
Julie

1 comment:

Jane said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Julie! Thinking of you all!

Lots of love
Jane
x